Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Mason's Blood Type - Donations Needed

Monday we took Mason for his first round of pre-surgery blood work.  It was very hard to see him go through that, and I know that was probably the easiest part of this entire process.  I still don't know how I'm going to be able to handle seeing my baby in his condition after surgery.  Please continue praying for my strength to get through all this.

He was blood typed because he will need blood donated for his surgery (blood loss is a major risk of this surgery since infants produce a lot of their blood in their skull and only have about a liter of blood in their little bodies!).  We found out today that his blood type is O+.  We need at least 4 donors for his surgery.  If you are an O+ and interested, please email me or call ASAP.  There are specific instructions on how to go about donating specifically for Mason.  With his surgery being less than 6 weeks away, we need to get this process started quickly.  We greatly appreciate anyone's generosity in helping our little man out!

Also, please be sure to enter your email address on the right hand side of this blog so that you get auto notifications of new posts.  This blog is how I will keep everyone informed during surgery, our hospital stay, recovery, etc..  I don't want anyone to miss the updates who wants to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment